HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Talk about what ever you want. Just keep it clean, kids might be in this forum.

Moderators: systemcat, ramoth

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Postby ladyfreebird » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:29 pm

Just wanted to wish everyone a "Happy Thanksgiving" for all who celebrate it.

graylady
ladyfreebird
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Postby Herculean Platypus! » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:20 am

Right back at'cha, Graylady! :biggrin:
Herculean Platypus!
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Bexter » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:19 pm

I don't really totally understand the concept of Thanksgiving, we don't celebrate it here. My daughter wants to know why we have taken on Halloween and not Thanksgiving because she thinks Thanksgiving sounds so much nicer (from what she's heard) and I agree with her. I think I told her that as it can't be exploited by big corporations to make money then no one bothers to promote it here (how cynical am I)

Anyway, everyone have a fantastic and thankful day and from what I understand people tend to eat lots of turkey. So try not to overindulge ok?
Lord Percy: "Sorry I'm late"
Lord Blackadder: "Oh Don't bother apologising, I'm sorry your alive"
Random avatar
Bexter
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ladyfreebird » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:28 pm

Thanks HP :-)

Some of us over do the eating of turkey. But, what a way to go. <chuckling>

I just finished eating my small but filling turkey dinner. I'm at the stage now where I want to curl up and take a nap. <blushing>

True, you might not celebrate Thanksgiving where you live. But, you can still fix a nice turkey or ham dinner with all the sides.

graylady
ladyfreebird
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Postby systemcat » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:22 pm

I don't really totally understand the concept of Thanksgiving, we don't celebrate it here. My daughter wants to know why we have taken on Halloween and not Thanksgiving because she thinks Thanksgiving sounds so much nicer (from what she's heard) and I agree with her. I think I told her that as it can't be exploited by big corporations to make money then no one bothers to promote it here (how cynical am I)

Here's a link that will explain things :).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving

Now how I see it with having worked for years in a grocery store. Is everybody panics starting in the beginning of Nov. about buying Turkeys and Hams and every other fatty and veggie goodie sold in the store. The people really panic when it hits the final week before the big event. And any one working in the grocery store gets extra hours & needs caffeine to live.

Erin :cat:
systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ladyfreebird » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:21 am

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

graylady
ladyfreebird
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Postby Herculean Platypus! » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:24 am

At my family's home, everyone had a good time...

...except, of course, the turkey. ;)
Herculean Platypus!
Admiral
Admiral

Postby ladyfreebird » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:28 pm

Good to hear it. Mine suffered the same fate. :-)

graylady
ladyfreebird
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Happy Thanksgiving 2008

Postby ohboy » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:35 pm

Figured I would revive an old thread from 2007. I hope that everyone has a happy Thanksgiving, and enjoy the drop of price in gas for anyone who is traveling. :D

I don't know for sure, yet, but I'll probably be spending my Thanksgiving out in front of Best Buy for Black Friday.
"Wahahahaha! Ladies and gentlemen, your attention. please. The name's Wily! The one and only -- the brilliant scientist, Dr. Wily! It may seem rather sudden to you, but I've decided I'd like to take over the world! (Laughs) Ahem! Anyway, to begin... Dr. Light! I'll be taking your precious robots!!" - in the beginning of Mega Man: Powered Up (Quote from Wikipedia)

Breath of Fire III is a registered trademark of Capcom. Picture from rpgdreamer.com. Thanks to fellow member jerriecan for editing picture to fix the pixel requirements for the avatar.
ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Postby ladyfreebird » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:50 am

Thanks ohboy. :-)

I wanted to extend my wishes to everyone to. "Have a great Thanksgiving."

graylady
ladyfreebird
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Postby systemcat » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:12 pm

I made my turkey over a week ago ...some of it will be eaten on Thanks Giving. In the mean time it just can't simply sit in the fridge :P .

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby systemcat » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:33 pm

It's been a little dead in here lately so I have to ask. How was the holiday for every one? ...I got sick! ...My own fault :lol: .

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ohboy » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:25 am

Yes, I guess things have been slowing down. I suppose that it's the holiday season approaching.

Anyways, we didn't end up spending the night out in front of the Best Buy, so it was pretty tame. I got some school work, particularly a speech on Ronald Reagan, finished, and that was about the extent of it. I now am entering the "Finals" phase of the semester, with only three weeks left and a boat-load of work left to finish.

Anyways, I hope that everyone else had a great holiday. Did you get sick from overeating?
"Wahahahaha! Ladies and gentlemen, your attention. please. The name's Wily! The one and only -- the brilliant scientist, Dr. Wily! It may seem rather sudden to you, but I've decided I'd like to take over the world! (Laughs) Ahem! Anyway, to begin... Dr. Light! I'll be taking your precious robots!!" - in the beginning of Mega Man: Powered Up (Quote from Wikipedia)

Breath of Fire III is a registered trademark of Capcom. Picture from rpgdreamer.com. Thanks to fellow member jerriecan for editing picture to fix the pixel requirements for the avatar.
ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby systemcat » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:18 am

I think it was from eating an odd combination. Ever have olives then pumpkin pie?

Hope the work goes smoothly and good luck with the finals. That outline I gave you, has it given you any ideas ..um please PM if so to that note.

I think a reason and just a guess why things have been slow is because not only the holidays but the Yahoo groups haven't been really active for a while.

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Postby ramoth » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:28 pm

It has been slow here and everywhere except most of my quilting groups on yahoo! Especially one which tends to be always busy no matter what time of year or what else is going on! I suppose after the first of the year everyone will get going again although it might not be just the holidays but the election and economy problems here in the US that has slowed down chatting. I know my yahoo group is dead or just about as far as chatting goes.

Thanksgiving was great for us, my youngest daughter came down from Dallas and my oldest daughter and her family joined us plus a friend from church, altogether 7 people. Not too bad of a group to cook and clean up for! The weather here in Houston was typical Thanksgiving weather, warm and humid, so we had the ac going. Ah the days of cool even snowy weather from Colorado! At least travel is easier here during the holidays......... :)
Jimma
ramoth

Next

Return to General Chat