Previous topic | Next topic 
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Say hello, don't wave goodbye
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:33 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Roonblah

Hi all

I thought it would be nice to have a general hello thread.

I'm Roon (not my real name, but I don't really like it, so you might as well use this one) and I write the Buffy/Angel spin-off Fate. Of the series I've read, my current faves are Afterlife and Between the walls for series still in progress, and Starman spin-off Starborn for completed shows. My first introduction to a virtual series was way back when with the Strange Luck virtual season 2 and the Pretender spin-off Prodigy.

And now it can be someone else's turn :p

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:34 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

starborn_scribe

Aww! Thanks for the rec, Roon.

I'm afraid that I don't read much virtual TV anymore. The one I've read the most of -- and thoroughly enjoy -- is Roon's Fate. It's a lot of fun :).

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi, I'm the writer / creator of Buck Rogers in the 26th Century, also creator of From The Ashes :) . I only got into reading virtual series with Star Trek: Renaissance and I've picked up on a few other series since. Finding PVT shortly after starting up the 26th Century website was a real joy. Loads of virtual series all in one place ( takes out the need to do a lot of surfing ). When PVT went offline and I had a feeling it wasn't coming back, that's how FTA came up.

So many Buffy & Angel series to pick from, I'm not sure which one to start reading ;) . I own two seasons of Buffy plus the movie that started it. So ya I'm a fan of it .

starborn_scribe, I like your web site's design, very different :D . Want to pick up on the series but do it as audio. Meaning copying those large PDF files into a text-to-speech reader and listen at work. Call it lazy if you like but one of my jobs can get boring really fast and they let me listen to my MP3 / CD player on the job. ... I think when I added Starman to FTAA it was the wrong one :oops: .

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

xandmatt

Hello all (so far), my name is Matthew Latham, 21 from the good ol' Blighty and I've been in the VS game since I was 15 in 2001! I started with a Buffy spin-off called Hartley (but the episodes are, sadly, lost) and then moved on to work for Ravenshill (which finished after 94 episodes) and a short-lived project called Henchmen.

I currently work on a few little series for MZP, and at the moment am showrunning a comedy show called Mr. Thorpe and His Family; a Family-Guy-for-VS type thing.

I run , a personal site that also doubles as VS review centre that I'm beginning to plan about doing other VS type things (in the next few weeks there will be some VS-type articles that will be piloted). There's plenty of MZP VS's reviewed but I want to try and branch out and cover more VS's than just MZP's - and I hope that PVT will stir me in the right direction...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

grayladyfalcon

Hello everyone :)
My name is grayladyfalcon, I'm the novelist for systemcat in her "Buck Rogers in the 26th Century" forum. I enjoy writing fan-fic stories and have written about 6 or 7 stories and am currently writing a sci-fic story of my own

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:40 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Monster Zero

And I would be Mr. Monster Zero, he of MZP-TV and this big 'ol message board community/site that followed the fine example of PVT and set up a VS network back in March 2004. Since then, well, we've done alright, I guess ^_^

I also produce three VS at present, with a half dozen ideas for other shows constantly batting round and waiting for enough time in my life to make themselves known.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

grayladyfalcon

Nice to meet you. :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

mwhill77

Hey all!

I'm Michael Hill, the guy who started this whole PVT thing umpteen million years ago (well actually only 8, but it seems longer most of the time). The original grand design was to create an actual network with nightly programming, but back in the day there weren't nearly as many cooperative series (with the extremely notable exception of Quantum Leap). Now that the community has grown a hundred fold, I find I kind of like the site as it is, a hub for every virtual series out there. I'm thrilled to see MZP has had the luck it's had though. Good to see that dreams CAN come true, even if I'm not the one behind it.

Besides PVT, I also created Supplemental Sliders and Earth: Final Conflict-Restoration. I'm trying to motivate myself back into the writing end of things by continuing both in the near future (and maybe getting at least a couple of the two dozen other ideas out of my head and onto the screen). It's been a few years and I'm a little out of practice though, so bear with me. In the meantime, I'll be tweaking the site to make it as useful as possible to every series out there.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here quite a bit better!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:46 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Alden

I'm Alden Caele, one of the writers over at MZP. I'm on a bunch of series: Slayer Academy, The Company, Pathways, Into Our Generation (upcoming), The Parcel View (upcoming). I've tried to start my own a couple times (A Lost VS2, for example) but I haven't been able to keep one going properly. Also, a former fanfic writer, though I haven't written any in 2-3 years. :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

grayladyfalcon

Cool 8)

My stories are all based on Hawk, after his trial on the Searcher. I only started writing about 2 years ago, but I enjoy it. Embarr*filtered*ingly, my very first story was only 2 chapters long. :oops: But after that, my stories became anywhere from 20 to 44 chapters long.

In my somewhat spare time, I work part-time and I'm also in animal rescue.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

grayladyfalcon

I guess you haven't checked your forum for some time. I'm sorry to say this.. but I'm out of here! Too many spammers for my taste. Sorry it didn't work out.
:(

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:58 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

grayladyfalcon

I'm glad to see that picture was removed from the forum. :)

graylady

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Before being really made a staff member in the forum I checked in on it daily. Now that I am a Mod. for real you guys won't have to worry about spam posts any more 8) . At least when I catch them before any one else sees them ;) .

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

grayladyfalcon

:D Thanks systemcat.

graylady

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

grayladyfalcon

Is anyone in here? I haven't seen a post for sometime now.

graylady

Profile E-mail  

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3
 >> Next