Movies

Talk about what ever you want. Just keep it clean, kids might be in this forum.

Moderators: systemcat, ramoth

Postby ladyfreebird » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:39 pm

He sounds really cute.

graylady
ladyfreebird
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Postby ladyfreebird » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:43 pm

Okay, I know some if not a lot of you have seen the "Air Bud" movie. I rented one of their new ones today. "Snow Buddies" If you're young at heart or just plan like watching little pups running through the Alaskan wilderness, this the movie to see.

graylady
ladyfreebird
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Postby Bexter » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:11 am

i like dogs in general running around Alaska as we have snow dogs and i have watched it heaps, i totally love it
Lord Percy: "Sorry I'm late"
Lord Blackadder: "Oh Don't bother apologising, I'm sorry your alive"
Random avatar
Bexter
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ladyfreebird » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:36 am

I have "Snow Dogs" also. I watch it when I can, at least once a month. Just to get a good chuckle.

graylady
ladyfreebird
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Postby ladyfreebird » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:38 pm

Okay, here's a couple more that might get your attention. I rented 2 new movies today. Have any of you seen the new Dr. Doolittle movie?
"Dr. Doolittle, Tail To The Chief" It was okay, some of it was really cute. If you're an animal over like myself. :-)

The other was "Lake Placid 2" WOW... if you don't mind seeing someone's hand or head being bit off or them being bit in half, this is the movie for you. I liked it. [ok]

Has anyone else seen a good movie they would recommend?

graylady
ladyfreebird
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Postby Madders_Ahatter » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:48 pm

Herculean Platypus! wrote:Another movie for possible discussion (although this would be the fourth forum I've posted this on and no one's seen it) is The Butterfly Effect. (The Director's Cut is worth a discussion, the theatrical release is not.)

Anyone else see it? :)

Excuse me for going back to cover old ground, but I'm new here.
I haven't seen Butterfly Effect, but does anyone know where the title comes from?
*Puts hand in air
I do.

A science fiction story by Ray Bradbury called 'A Sound of Thunder' which I read when I was at school (many, many, many moons ago) and never forgot. The basic premise of the story is that Time travel is possible and commercially used. Rich men can go back in time to a few moments before a dinosaur is due to die a natural death, and then have the thrill of killing it. Appeals to their hunter instincts, and doesn't alter history. They only stand on a hovering walkway so as not to interfere with anything in the past. Only one guy steps off and treads on a butterfly. When they get back to the present, everything at first seems the same, but then they notice subtle differences, like spellings. And the fact that the 'wrong' guy won the election!

This story in turn got the idea to use a butterfly as the creature which brought about the change, because of the saying used to demonstrate cause and effect 'if a butterfly flaps its wings here, there is a hurricane on the other side of the world.' That is the "Butterfly Effect".

OK Lecture over.
There is no expiration date on your dreams - Jesse Duplantis
Random avatar
Madders_Ahatter
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Madders_Ahatter » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:57 pm

Herculean Platypus! wrote:I've already seen this movie years ago, but I caught it again while visiting my dad last week: Meet Joe Black.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119643/

I recall liking it, but not enough to want to sit through its 3 hour running time. However, as there was nothing else being broadcast in HD, my dad & I settled for it. It was really good second time around! I don't recall being so moved by it before, but then again it's been a decade... ;)

This is probably among my top ten all time favorite movies.
Most women love it for Brad Pitt, but for me Anthony Hopkins really makes it special. I think he is underrated as an actor. There are some wonderful lines in this movie, and yes, it has me teary eyed every time.

As an aside, I'm all for people posting in their own style - but personally I find the cyan font color very hard to read. Is there any way I can make HP's posts easier to decipher other than the method I am currently using of copying them into word?
Random avatar
Madders_Ahatter
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Madders_Ahatter » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:01 pm

QL Damsel wrote:Exactly. You can't say anything else.

We went and saw "Stardust" the other day and it was a really good one too.

Two thumbs up on this end of the screen.

Two thumbs up from me too. [tanz]
Stardust was a lovely movie - I especially like the way he replies when Victoria says 'You know what I want' near the end of the movie.{Avoiding specifics so as not to spoil}

The "Take That" theme song is delightful too.
Random avatar
Madders_Ahatter
Trainee
Trainee

Postby systemcat » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:58 am

Madders_Ahatter wrote:As an aside, I'm all for people posting in their own style - but personally I find the cyan font color very hard to read. Is there any way I can make HP's posts easier to decipher other than the method I am currently using of copying them into word?

When you log on go to your profile and by selecting "Board Style". You can change the style of the forum to being a different one than the forum's default every time your logged in :).

Erin :cat:
systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Herculean Platypus! » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:06 pm

Madders_Ahatter wrote: Is there any way I can make HP's posts easier to decipher other than the method I am currently using of copying them into word?

Alternately, you could just ignore my posts. Many members did just that and now they say they're all the better for it! ;)
Herculean Platypus!
Admiral
Admiral

Postby ramoth » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:20 am

As an aside, I'm all for people posting in their own style - but personally I find the cyan font color very hard to read. Is there any way I can make HP's posts easier to decipher other than the method I am currently using of copying them into word?

Just place the arrow on one end, left click and highlight the text. Whatever color it is in, it will show up very well and easy to read!
Jimma
ramoth

Postby Madders_Ahatter » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:12 am

ramoth wrote:As an aside, I'm all for people posting in their own style - but personally I find the cyan font color very hard to read. Is there any way I can make HP's posts easier to decipher other than the method I am currently using of copying them into word?

Just place the arrow on one end, left click and highlight the text. Whatever color it is in, it will show up very well and easy to read!

That was the first thing I tried, it doesn't help on my machine!
Random avatar
Madders_Ahatter
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Madders_Ahatter » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:11 pm

Herculean Platypus! wrote:
Madders_Ahatter wrote: Is there any way I can make HP's posts easier to decipher other than the method I am currently using of copying them into word?

Alternately, you could just ignore my posts. Many members did just that and now they say they're all the better for it! ;)

But it would be rude to ignore you HP, and I may be many things, but impolite ain't one of em!
Random avatar
Madders_Ahatter
Trainee
Trainee

Postby systemcat » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:03 am

This topic is starting to go a bit a stray :confused5: .

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bexter » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:42 pm

systemcat wrote:This topic is starting to go a bit a stray :confused5: .

Well in that case Erin, i'll inform everyone that 'underdog' is now at the video shop so I'll grab it and watch it with my kids... and think of graylady while i watch it. [bigsmile]
Lord Percy: "Sorry I'm late"
Lord Blackadder: "Oh Don't bother apologising, I'm sorry your alive"
Random avatar
Bexter
Colonel
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat