Episode Reviews

This is where you can talk about the shows.

Moderators: systemcat, ramoth

Episode 41

Postby ohboy » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:43 pm

It has been a very, very long time since I've done a review for the series. I hope I'm not too rusty. [bigsmile]

"Planet of Wonders" was a good episode, and I enjoyed rather mysterious atmosphere of the middle part of the episode. It flowed well throughout, and the ending was very nice. I was a little confused as to who the "Man" was at the end, in Act Four, but that could have been deliberately vague. Overall, nice episode Erin!

By the way, I have a question. When the Director says "You are already at war with two great powers", I know that one is the Houten. Is the other the Draconian Empire? I don't remember the main series declaring war with the Draconian Empire, so I'm wondering if you were being nice in referencing the sub-series?
"Wahahahaha! Ladies and gentlemen, your attention. please. The name's Wily! The one and only -- the brilliant scientist, Dr. Wily! It may seem rather sudden to you, but I've decided I'd like to take over the world! (Laughs) Ahem! Anyway, to begin... Dr. Light! I'll be taking your precious robots!!" - in the beginning of Mega Man: Powered Up (Quote from Wikipedia)

Breath of Fire III is a registered trademark of Capcom. Picture from rpgdreamer.com. Thanks to fellow member jerriecan for editing picture to fix the pixel requirements for the avatar.
ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Re: Episode 41

Postby systemcat » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:46 am

Thanks 8), that was Buck's boss and yes I was referring to the Draconian Empire. The war with them has been going on since episode one. As for bringing up the sub-series, I have thought of that but for a later episode for season three :wink:.

Erin :cat:
systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Episode 42

Postby ohboy » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:16 am

I like this; this is a nice way to begin the end of Season 2. Without giving away too much, I think that the relationship Buck forms with the Jenka adds some excitement to the story, as well as their explanation for his time travel. I hope that Buck gets out alive from all this, and I look forward to the conclusion.

Also, congratulations on almost finishing up season 2. :)
"Wahahahaha! Ladies and gentlemen, your attention. please. The name's Wily! The one and only -- the brilliant scientist, Dr. Wily! It may seem rather sudden to you, but I've decided I'd like to take over the world! (Laughs) Ahem! Anyway, to begin... Dr. Light! I'll be taking your precious robots!!" - in the beginning of Mega Man: Powered Up (Quote from Wikipedia)

Breath of Fire III is a registered trademark of Capcom. Picture from rpgdreamer.com. Thanks to fellow member jerriecan for editing picture to fix the pixel requirements for the avatar.
ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Re: Episode Reviews

Postby systemcat » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:26 pm

The story I think gets better in part two. There's not much as far as action, but a lot happens in it and this coming episode once more is one where back reading really helps. Um Buck doesn't time travel in this episode even though it's mentioned to come (and easy guess when it will come up eh?). It's finished, all that's left is finishing it's round one proof reading, then sending it to Mariet for round two.

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ohboy » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:42 pm

Actually, I was referring to his original time travel from the beginning of the episode. What they said about "balance" and whatnot (as not to give away key points).

Can't wait to read the next episode.

ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Episode 42

Postby ohboy » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:36 pm

As a first note, I realized that this is actually episode 42, since you said that you write 21 episodes per season, and this is the last episode. Hence, this should be number 42.

This was a wonderful way to end the season, right down the very end. I loved this, and I think that you did a great job in making the episode. A great way to end, and I can't wait until the start of the new season. :D

ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Re: Episode Reviews

Postby systemcat » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:15 pm

:D Thanks :D !

If yuh can't tell, that story on whole took a lot of planning :). Only one episode meant to tie into it was left out because I couldn't fit it in as well as I thought at first. The bit with Buck & Wilma in the end, if people got why that scene was set up that way, I'd like to know. That dug back into the first season.

Right now I need to outline episode 43 but at the moment I really want to finish redesigning the main page of the site. Ohboy you might have caught that in Al's, I've also been talking with jassian through PMing & email about it. She's given me some coding help. Soon I'll be posting a mock-up for people to look at and say if they think the new idea will work.

By the way, episode 43 is a take on a story I planned a long time ago for season two but could never find a place to fit it in. This story due to how the last one acted (meaning it's lack of most of the side characters we're familiar with) will have a bunch of them :).

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Episodes and Site News