Audio version

This is where you can talk about the shows.

Moderators: systemcat, ramoth

Audio version

Postby systemcat » Mon May 14, 2007 5:32 pm

When I first started getting into virtual series I was listening to them through text-to-speech software. There are many people I know who say they want to read the series but they don't have the time for it. So to this note I'm going to put some of the episodes to audio using the software mentioned earlier. Recently I made a yahoo group to get the 100megs of storage space that comes with it. This group is not listed in the yahoo group directory but people here are welcome to join just for adding files. I do need space for the audio files but people if you want a place to store files off your hard drive and you don't mind them in public view your welcome to this. When I changed episode one to audio it was around 14megs in size. Due to this fact I know not all the episodes can be put to audio. Please tell me which six episodes out of season one you'd like to hear as audio.

101x Time and Again
102x Dogs
103x The Civilized
104x Perspectives and Explosives
105x Beneath the Skin
106x The Class of 2518
107x The Price of a Horse
108x The Ritz and the Wrongs
109x Fire
110x Five Times Revenge
111x Gods of Lions
112x Studying the Sands
113x The Speed of Light
114x The Wandering Planet
115x The Lava Lickers
116x Luna-Terra
117x Continuity Error
118x Changing Ink
119x If Scorned
120x The Seeker of the Searcher
121x Back to the Skies

Erin :cat:
systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ladyfreebird » Mon May 14, 2007 7:32 pm

Well, you know which one I'd like to have you place into it. :toothy4:

They're all great stories.

graylady :articuno:
ladyfreebird
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Postby systemcat » Tue May 15, 2007 1:03 am

Thank you :color:

If your talking about the episode I think your talking about I think you might want to count the episode that comes after it ... that hasn't been written yet.

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ladyfreebird » Tue May 15, 2007 5:56 am

Okay, I didn't know it came in 2 parts. Yeah, that one also. [ok]

graylady
ladyfreebird
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Postby systemcat » Fri May 18, 2007 11:17 pm

Could some one out me out with this? It turns out all files uploaded have to be under 5megs. Does any one know where I can find software that will split the files into smaller ones? Recoding them into having smaller bit-rates only %$@% them up. There's a program out there named MP3 split but that doesn't download correctly for some reason.

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby systemcat » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:02 am

The audio version isn't being shored in the yahoo group which I'm going to get rid of. The music site being used for this I think will let me shore as many MP3s as I want in it :biggrin: . I thought the link went right to where it should but I guess it wasn't meant to stay. When you go to the site type "26th Century" for the artist and you'll find the series.

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby systemcat » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:50 pm

The Extra Media page now has a mini player on it for playing the episodes. Later it will change to a better player that will let you pick more easily which episodes you want to listen to. The link that will take you to where you can download episodes has been fixed so you don't have to find what page this is on. So far episodes 1-17 have been posted, the rest will be up shortly. I know the "Mary" voice messes up on how words are supposed to sound and I'm sorry for that :oops: .

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Hawkfan » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:15 pm

Ha, that voice sounds familiar! So you used Festival...

Of course the tts-system doesn't recognize all words, but all things considered I think it sounds quite good.

Mariet
Hawkfan
Colonial Judge
Colonial Judge

Postby systemcat » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:20 pm

Of course the tts-system doesn't recognize all words, but all things considered I think it sounds quite good.

I've never heard of that program, what I'm using is Text-a-Loud. I think every text-to-speech piece of software I've ever used off the internet has always been tts based. I've heard MUCH BETTER voices made from a computer then Mary but I don't have the money to buy them. ...Is Festival freeware? I use Text-a-loud cause it was cheap to get a hold of plus it can translate really large documents completely.

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Herculean Platypus! » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:09 pm

The onscreen player doesn't seem to show up for me, and the link to the audio page doesn't take me anywhere... :scratch:
Herculean Platypus!
Admiral
Admiral

Postby systemcat » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:36 am

The player takes a little bit of loading time to show up on my screen, so it could be your connection. As for the link, that's a mystery :scratch: , maybe your browser ^%$ed up ( IE? Netscape? FireFox? ), try again :wink: . Back to the player, it's now been changed to the larger one where the files are easer to pick for playing :albino: .

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Hawkfan » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:30 pm

systemcat wrote:

I've never heard of that program, what I'm using is Text-a-Loud. I think every text-to-speech piece of software I've ever used off the internet has always been tts based. I've heard MUCH BETTER voices made from a computer then Mary but I don't have the money to buy them. ...Is Festival freeware? I use Text-a-loud cause it was cheap to get a hold of plus it can translate really large documents completely.

Yes, Festival is freeware (open source even, which is why it's used a lot in research). Sounds like it uses the same voice as Text-Aloud.

And yes, there is much better speech software around (using prerecorded rather than synthesized voices) but that's all much more expensive.

Mariet
Hawkfan
Colonial Judge
Colonial Judge

Postby systemcat » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:25 pm

The audio version got a fan!
I only uploaded the stories to where I did since the 26th Century site is limited to 50 megs & the Yahoo group storage didn't work out, but where it is now ...!
Some band listened to the stories and noted them selfs as a fan on the 26th Century's music page!
Think I should post a link to the main site encase any other unexpected listeners pop up that aren't familiar with it :scratch: :flower: ?

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ladyfreebird » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:21 pm

Good idea [ok]

graylady
ladyfreebird
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Postby systemcat » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:19 pm

Found out today the audio series can continue thanks to a new program I got yesterday to replace the old one. ..It didn't want to open up files and didn't want to read from the clipboard. But I found a way around those bugs :evil:.

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Episodes and Site News