Talk about what ever you want. Just keep it clean, kids might be in this forum.

Moderators: systemcat, ramoth

Postby ohboy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:03 am

I have a question about the avatars that go underneath the name. I recently found a new picture that I wanted to put, but when I saved it from the website, and then tried to upload it, I received a message in red font saying that the picture was too small (it was 10 pixels too small or to narrow, I forgot which one). Is there a way to take saved pictures and make them bigger. I do NOT have photoshop programs, and I can't make heads or tails out of the edit option inside the pictures. :?

Could somebody point me to the right direction. Thanks.
"Wahahahaha! Ladies and gentlemen, your attention. please. The name's Wily! The one and only -- the brilliant scientist, Dr. Wily! It may seem rather sudden to you, but I've decided I'd like to take over the world! (Laughs) Ahem! Anyway, to begin... Dr. Light! I'll be taking your precious robots!!" - in the beginning of Mega Man: Powered Up (Quote from Wikipedia)

Breath of Fire III is a registered trademark of Capcom. Picture from rpgdreamer.com. Thanks to fellow member jerriecan for editing picture to fix the pixel requirements for the avatar.
ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Re: Avatar Question

Postby jerriecan » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:39 am

I can resize the image for you - just PM me for my email address and then send it to me.

Jerriecan
Random avatar
jerriecan
Trainee
Trainee

Postby systemcat » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:44 am

Odd message to get from the forum. Haven't fiddled with the options over avatars in months and when that last happened I was making it so people could use about any image size or file size possible. (When I edit values, things still stay within reason of the software). But it doesn't make sense why the forum wouldn't let you.

Same is Jerriecan's offer, I can resize the image too. Just wondering what is the new image?

Erin :cat:
systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ohboy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:08 am

Thank you too you both. It is another video game character, if you all are wondering. However, this is from a different series, called Breath of Fire. It's the character Ryu (as a child) from a Breath of Fire III television commercial.

What I found odd is that the other forum I put the new avatar in automatically resized it, albeit smaller that the original picture. Considering that I didn't create the picture, I'm going to go ahead and put a link to where I found it. The guy that made the website said that it was alright to use the pictures, so that shouldn't be a problem.

The picture I'm looking for is the bottom right hand picture. If anyone can make the picture work to fit the avatar (the thumbnail is 90 by 80). It needs to be at least 90 by 90, but no larger than 200-200. If you could make it a bit above 90-90, but not nearly as large as the 200 limit, that would be wonderful. If you don't want to give an e-mail address out, you could just paste the finished picture on the next post, and I'll save it and apply it. Thanks for going to all this trouble to do this for me. I'll give whoever does this credit on the new signature as a small token of thanks. :)

http://www.rpgdreamer.com/bof3/bof3pics.html
"Wahahahaha! Ladies and gentlemen, your attention. please. The name's Wily! The one and only -- the brilliant scientist, Dr. Wily! It may seem rather sudden to you, but I've decided I'd like to take over the world! (Laughs) Ahem! Anyway, to begin... Dr. Light! I'll be taking your precious robots!!" - in the beginning of Mega Man: Powered Up (Quote from Wikipedia)

Breath of Fire III is a registered trademark of Capcom. Picture from rpgdreamer.com. Thanks to fellow member jerriecan for editing picture to fix the pixel requirements for the avatar.
ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby jerriecan » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:41 pm

Here you go - hope it's okay. :)

Jerriecan
Random avatar
jerriecan
Trainee
Trainee

Postby ohboy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:56 pm

Vielen Dank (Many thanks)! I hope that I didn't put you through too much trouble by doing this. I had the old avatar for a long time, and I plan to keep this one just as long, if not longer.

ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby jerriecan » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:45 pm

No problem at all - took about a minute. I'm good with Photoshop. ;)

Glad it was what you wanted! :)

Jerriecan
Random avatar
jerriecan
Trainee
Trainee

Postby ohboy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:40 pm

It's a good things that others can do things like Photshop. I'm afraid my uses on the computer are mostly limited to documents. If you ever need a document correctly formatted to MLA or APA accepted form, then just let me know. :lol:

ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Return to General Chat