Email Spam

Talk about what ever you want. Just keep it clean, kids might be in this forum.

Moderators: systemcat, ramoth

Email Spam

Postby systemcat » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:31 pm

I'm getting really fed up with all the email spam I've been getting over the last few months. The filter is set on high for making sure I don't get it but that doesn't help. They keep changing their email addresses and keep sending the same messages over and over. Do I come across to you guys as a man with a size issue that wants drugs from Canada & also wants cheap software? Due to how high the filter is set I'm wondering if it's why I'm not informed about PMs from some other forums, conformation letters and get this. The ticket for Starfest was labeled spam, it was meant to be a print out but that got changed the other day due to the fact I don't own a printer.

My question to you guys is how do you block email spam like this without hurting the normal things you do online?

Erin :cat:
systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ohboy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:10 am

Hmm. I think that it may have something to do with the computer, or what username you go under. I had a laptop a few years ago that was overran with spam. Now, on this new computer, knock on wood, spam comes very rarely. I guess it depends on what spam filter you have.

I don't know what your e-mail address is, and I am certainly not suggesting you put it up here, but is it anything that could be considered suggestive in the least, even unintentionally? Or are there any websites you've been that you think may have caused this. Or, are you just unlucky like I was? I don't mean to be accusative in this post, I that know you're a nice person and you don't deal in that smut, but I shared that laptop with someone who used to go on poker websites, and we both think that was where the spam came from.
"Wahahahaha! Ladies and gentlemen, your attention. please. The name's Wily! The one and only -- the brilliant scientist, Dr. Wily! It may seem rather sudden to you, but I've decided I'd like to take over the world! (Laughs) Ahem! Anyway, to begin... Dr. Light! I'll be taking your precious robots!!" - in the beginning of Mega Man: Powered Up (Quote from Wikipedia)

Breath of Fire III is a registered trademark of Capcom. Picture from rpgdreamer.com. Thanks to fellow member jerriecan for editing picture to fix the pixel requirements for the avatar.
ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby systemcat » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:41 pm

I think this junk email is coming from job sites I tried during the summer time. I think my surfing is clean. Sci fi sites, online comics, YouTube & Lolcats, not exactly dirty :?.

My email is my common user name with most of the address to the 26th Century site. I can give people their own email addresses with that extension if wanted (just thought I'd restate that since the last time it was stated was a long time ago).

Erin :cat:
systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ohboy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:34 pm

Well, I have no idea what the problem may be, then.
"Wahahahaha! Ladies and gentlemen, your attention. please. The name's Wily! The one and only -- the brilliant scientist, Dr. Wily! It may seem rather sudden to you, but I've decided I'd like to take over the world! (Laughs) Ahem! Anyway, to begin... Dr. Light! I'll be taking your precious robots!!" - in the beginning of Mega Man: Powered Up (Quote from Wikipedia)

Breath of Fire III is a registered trademark of Capcom. Picture from rpgdreamer.com. Thanks to fellow member jerriecan for editing picture to fix the pixel requirements for the avatar.
ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Return to General Chat