Fan Fiction of the 26th Century

This is where you can talk about the shows.

Moderators: systemcat, ramoth

Fan Fiction of the 26th Century

Postby systemcat » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:28 pm

Just added a new section to the site named "Fan Fiction of the 26th Century". Pretty self explanatory what that area dives into :). The link can be found right under the link for the "Season One Archive". :glasses7:

Erin :cat:
systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ohboy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:48 pm

I'm just curious at this point, since I'm assuming by the title that this can double as reviews for them. How did everyone think of the first story? Like it? Hate it? Also, a question that I'm very curious about: besides the plot, did it have the same "feel" as a story in the main plot? :?
"Wahahahaha! Ladies and gentlemen, your attention. please. The name's Wily! The one and only -- the brilliant scientist, Dr. Wily! It may seem rather sudden to you, but I've decided I'd like to take over the world! (Laughs) Ahem! Anyway, to begin... Dr. Light! I'll be taking your precious robots!!" - in the beginning of Mega Man: Powered Up (Quote from Wikipedia)

Breath of Fire III is a registered trademark of Capcom. Picture from rpgdreamer.com. Thanks to fellow member jerriecan for editing picture to fix the pixel requirements for the avatar.
ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Re: Fan Fiction of the 26th Century

Postby systemcat » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:51 pm

Just finished reading it 8).

It was weird for me to read this. I said this before but in a PM, I've been the only one writing these for over two years. For once in reading I didn't know what would happen next and it was a fun mystery. The story very fast showed it's self for being non-canon but I didn't mind that fact since I knew to expect it. It acted like a 26th Century story and what I'm stocked about is some of the style in it. To my knowledge you've never watched a 25th Century episode and the way you had it going in some areas it acted like a 25th Century show. It was a Buck Rogers story no doubt :D. The only thing I have to say that you might not want to hear is it has a few typos. Not many but next time you might want to be more careful. They were only around the beginning of the episode.

Erin :cat:
systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ohboy » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:13 pm

Thank you. First off, let me say I do want to hear how my writing can be improved. What I don't want to hear from people who review stories is: "I hate your ******* story. You should crawl in a hole and die, you *******". First off, I have no idea why they didn't like my story, and second, if that is how they write a review, then I probably shouldn't be taking writing advice from them. I'll make sure to pay much more attention to grammar and spelling the next time I write a story and go over it.

About the non-canon part. Yes, I made it different for two reasons. Number one: I wanted to expand on it at some point in time. Basically, this could be the premise for future stories. I don't know about everyone else, but I've always enjoyed a recurring villain, so I wanted to incorporate that here. Trust me, in future non-canon stories, he will be back.

Number two: I wanted to create a plot, or a premise for future episodes, where the enemies are not black-and-white. What that means is that I didn't want the bad guy to just be a mindless villain who wants to destroy things for fun. My goal at the end was that the reader could understand, at some length, the views of both sides. One side acted for the greater good, and the other acts for honor. That's why I wanted to play around with that. I didn't think that would fit too well on the main series, because at the end of the episode, one side didn't "win".

Glad you enjoyed it. I tried to include the "mysterious" parts right before the end of an act, since if it ever became televised (like a bonus "lost" episode on a Buck Rogers in the 26th Century DVD :wink: ), then it would be right by the commercials. Of course, there wouldn't be commercials on a DVD... Oh, and just joking about the lost episode bit. I knew what this was when I wrote it, and I didn't make it fit in with the rest of the series.
"Wahahahaha! Ladies and gentlemen, your attention. please. The name's Wily! The one and only -- the brilliant scientist, Dr. Wily! It may seem rather sudden to you, but I've decided I'd like to take over the world! (Laughs) Ahem! Anyway, to begin... Dr. Light! I'll be taking your precious robots!!" - in the beginning of Mega Man: Powered Up (Quote from Wikipedia)

Breath of Fire III is a registered trademark of Capcom. Picture from rpgdreamer.com. Thanks to fellow member jerriecan for editing picture to fix the pixel requirements for the avatar.
ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Return to Episodes and Site News