Happy 4th of July

Talk about what ever you want. Just keep it clean, kids might be in this forum.

Moderators: systemcat, ramoth

Happy 4th of July

Postby ohboy » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:35 pm

So, did anyone do anything interesting over the Independence Day weekend?
"Wahahahaha! Ladies and gentlemen, your attention. please. The name's Wily! The one and only -- the brilliant scientist, Dr. Wily! It may seem rather sudden to you, but I've decided I'd like to take over the world! (Laughs) Ahem! Anyway, to begin... Dr. Light! I'll be taking your precious robots!!" - in the beginning of Mega Man: Powered Up (Quote from Wikipedia)

Breath of Fire III is a registered trademark of Capcom. Picture from rpgdreamer.com. Thanks to fellow member jerriecan for editing picture to fix the pixel requirements for the avatar.
ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Re: Happy 4th of July

Postby systemcat » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:08 pm

I haven't done any thing on the forth for some time. Although the last thing I did if it counts for any thing is sit in the grass behind my apartment complex & watch fireworks going off less than a mile away :) .

Erin :cat:
systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ohboy » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:56 pm

Every year, I always see the fireworks from a neighborhood park, which has a great view. However, in Northern California, there are many fires blazing from a recent thunderstorm that made most towns cancel their firework shows. Humorously enough, Canadian Bomber planes had to come in with water bombs (or something to that effect) to help extinguish the fires. No fireworks for me this year [boese] .
"Wahahahaha! Ladies and gentlemen, your attention. please. The name's Wily! The one and only -- the brilliant scientist, Dr. Wily! It may seem rather sudden to you, but I've decided I'd like to take over the world! (Laughs) Ahem! Anyway, to begin... Dr. Light! I'll be taking your precious robots!!" - in the beginning of Mega Man: Powered Up (Quote from Wikipedia)

Breath of Fire III is a registered trademark of Capcom. Picture from rpgdreamer.com. Thanks to fellow member jerriecan for editing picture to fix the pixel requirements for the avatar.
ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby systemcat » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:15 pm

Bummer :(, ...water bombs. My metal picture, I'm sure doesn't match reality.

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ladyfreebird » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:46 am

ohboy wrote:So, did anyone do anything interesting over the Independence Day weekend?

Got a surprising call yesterday afternoon. My sister called and asked if my daughter and myself would like to come over to her house for a BBQ and fireworks. That's the first time in a long time she's invited us over for the 4th.

Had BBQ'd chicken, hot dogs, hamburgers, potatoe salad, cole slaw.. etc....
The people that live behind her didn't go on vacation this year. Due to gas prices, so they spent about $1000.00 on fireworks. They had a great display. Finally got home about 11:00pm. Good thing to, pulled the car into the garage, got out and was over come by sulfer for the small fireworks around the neighbor.

I hope everyone had a great time last night. :D

graylady :articuno:
ladyfreebird
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Postby ohboy » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:36 am

Normally, I don't care if people shoot fireworks in my neighborhood (even at 12:00 midnight!!!), but this year someone still shot them off. That's all we need is someone to start another fire.

Sounds like you had a great time. Hope you declined tomatoes on your hot dog/hamburger [depri] .

ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby systemcat » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:47 am

This is some thing I'm not sure people should be worried about. I work in a restaurant and using tomatoes in what we cook up ..it's been a while since I saw them. But Subway, they stopped using them only for a short while before bringing them back. Is the recall still in affect or is it just this one restaurant not going with the crowd?

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

I don't know

Postby ohboy » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:37 am

I don't think that tomatoes are in full recall, because people can still buy them. However, there is some danger, so it is more or less eat at your own risk. I was at the Olive Garden about a month ago, and they took out anything that had fresh tomatoes (they kept tomato paste). I think that it is how sure a company is that they won't get their customers sick.

On a side note, I only said to watch out for the tomatoes because someone I knew got sick from a vegetable platter, and he was the only one that ate the tomatoes (I had one or two, but they were small enough that I avoided it).

ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby ladyfreebird » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:46 am

The tomatoes were garden grown in my sisters garden. I don't mind people setting off fireworks either. Just that I have asthma and if I inhale the fumes too long, I might end up having an attack. Just like what happened the next morning. Sulfer smell was so thick in the air. The night of the 4th, I knew I was going to have an attack. So I took a treatment then and had things set up for the next morning. By Saturday afternoon, I was in full attack. I'm hoping it rains soon so It'll wash the sulfer out of the air.

But yes, the BBQ was great. Hope everyone else had a good one.

graylady :articuno:
ladyfreebird
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Happy Fourth of July 2009

Postby ohboy » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:07 pm

I hope that everyone has a wonderful Independence Day, filled with a lot of wonderful food and a very festive firework display. :D

ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Return to General Chat