Hello

Talk about what ever you want. Just keep it clean, kids might be in this forum.

Moderators: systemcat, ramoth

Hello

Postby Mooner » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:12 pm

Hello everyone, graylady here. Just wanted to let you know that I'm hoping to start working on the next episode this week end. Been working 6 days a week and haven't even had time to work on my book for a long time now.
Hope everyone is well. I see we also have a new member, Hello to you also. I'm graylady.

Well, I'm going to get off this thing before it stops on me again. Take care everyone.

graylady
Mooner
Trainee
Trainee

Postby ohboy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:31 pm

Um. I think that there is another problem, Graylady. You now come up as a member named "Mooner", and you are a new trainee with two posts. Is there something wrong with MY computer now, or did you create a new account and a new name, Graylady? :?
"Wahahahaha! Ladies and gentlemen, your attention. please. The name's Wily! The one and only -- the brilliant scientist, Dr. Wily! It may seem rather sudden to you, but I've decided I'd like to take over the world! (Laughs) Ahem! Anyway, to begin... Dr. Light! I'll be taking your precious robots!!" - in the beginning of Mega Man: Powered Up (Quote from Wikipedia)

Breath of Fire III is a registered trademark of Capcom. Picture from rpgdreamer.com. Thanks to fellow member jerriecan for editing picture to fix the pixel requirements for the avatar.
ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby systemcat » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:22 am

I'll explain.

Early on I took advice from all over the internet on how to make this place active. One piece of advice said make a few fake accounts to look active. ..They've just been dummies collecting dust since their creation but since it's a mystery to me why the forum won't let Ladyfreebird post. I told her how to access one of the dummy accounts.

Erin :cat:
systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ohboy » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:32 am

Oh. Sorry about that, then. :(

I hope that whoever the guy is that runs these forums figures out what's wrong soon. Are their similar complaints in other forums, or does this one seem to be the only one having problems?
"Wahahahaha! Ladies and gentlemen, your attention. please. The name's Wily! The one and only -- the brilliant scientist, Dr. Wily! It may seem rather sudden to you, but I've decided I'd like to take over the world! (Laughs) Ahem! Anyway, to begin... Dr. Light! I'll be taking your precious robots!!" - in the beginning of Mega Man: Powered Up (Quote from Wikipedia)

Breath of Fire III is a registered trademark of Capcom. Picture from rpgdreamer.com. Thanks to fellow member jerriecan for editing picture to fix the pixel requirements for the avatar.
ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Re: Hello

Postby systemcat » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:27 pm

I've never heard of this issue happening before. The guy who runs aokforums only seems to have an issue with maintaining the server and that runs across all the forums. More than once I've considered just making a new forum but I don't know how to transfer the database. One forum I know of has it upon sign up "Former Post Count: # " for part of a member's profile. The type of forum I know does that is a paid forum, Al's runs under VERY similar software.

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ladyfreebird » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:38 am

Mooner wrote:Hello everyone, graylady here. Just wanted to let you know that I'm hoping to start working on the next episode this week end. Been working 6 days a week and haven't even had time to work on my book for a long time now.
Hope everyone is well. I see we also have a new member, Hello to you also. I'm graylady.

Well, I'm going to get off this thing before it stops on me again. Take care everyone.

graylady

Okay, I'm trying this again. I have a brand new computer with a much larger hard drive. It should load the pages a lot faster than what they are now. Something is wrong with the server.

graylady
ladyfreebird
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Postby ohboy » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:01 am

Graylady! I'm glad that you found a way to get back on the forum.

ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby jassian » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:05 am

If you're ever desperate with moving the database I may be able to help.
I've done it once before. :)
jassian
Captain
Captain

Postby ohboy » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:33 am

I don't know what the administrator thinks, but that could be a big help, since there has been other problems before this. Again, though, not my forum, so I'm shutting up now. :)

ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby systemcat » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:25 pm

!
Jassian if you could share the information on how to transfer this forum's database to a new forum ...one with a more reliable & faster server, I'd love to know :D . If you feel like doing it your self we'll need to work out how it's done plus contact the higher Admin. .

Oh and Ohboy, it's ok to speak your mind. Remember, I encourage it here ;).

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ohboy » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:03 pm

Sure thing, Erin.

By the way, if you two do go through with this, then make sure that you update the forum about how the transition is going.

ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby ohboy » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:23 am

Figured, not to go off topic in the page that was meant for greeting, I would bring page back up. If you really can do it, Jassian, I think that would be wonderful to change forums or servers, or databases, or whatever fancy computer term would best apply. :?

My only question is that don't most forums cost money?

ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Re:

Postby ladyfreebird » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:08 pm

ohboy wrote:Graylady! I'm glad that you found a way to get back on the forum.

Thanks oboy.. I'v been busy again. Sorry it took so long to drop back in. I see we have sorts of new stuff going. great!!! Plus new members, even better. :-)
ladyfreebird
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Postby ohboy » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:01 am

I think that many of the new members are actually for that other forum that recently merged in. But, perhaps they will venture to this side, eh?

Oh, and don't worry, the novels are in good hands. I've finished up six of them, though I think that only one is posted. :) Great to see you again, Graylady.

ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Re:

Postby systemcat » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:01 am

ohboy wrote:I think that many of the new members are actually for that other forum that recently merged in. But, perhaps they will venture to this side, eh?

Oh, and don't worry, the novels are in good hands. I've finished up six of them, though I think that only one is posted. :) Great to see you again, Graylady.

Same as Ohboy, great to see you back Graylady er Freebird :D!

Yah, all those new members are because of the forum being merged in. Draculasaurus has already started to post and I've seen Griffy & dj_toad roaming around. I think everybody will start to post when I've transfered over all the topics and posts. In the first version of that forum, Griffy took an interest in the up coming Starfest report so I think he'll be looking in here when it comes up.

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General Chat