Movies

Talk about what ever you want. Just keep it clean, kids might be in this forum.

Moderators: systemcat, ramoth

Movies

Postby ladyfreebird » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:59 am

Okay, I know people out there watch movies. We have a thread for fuzzy and furry pets, funny signs... etc...

How about movies?

While I was ill in bed a neighbor brought over a movie for me to watch. The title was, "Broken Bridges" Has anyone seen it? Or name another good movie you've seen the past few months. Lets see how far we can take this thread. :D

Broken Bridges starred Toby Keith.

graylady :articuno:
ladyfreebird
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Postby systemcat » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:46 pm

I've seen it for sale but I don't remember it's commercials. Ever seen Sahara staring Matthew McConaughey? Plan on watching it this afternoon.

Erin :cat:
systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ladyfreebird » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:34 pm

Yep, I saw it when it first came out. [ok] Good movie. In fact, I think I might rent it again tomorrow. I remember bits and pieces of it, but not the whole thing. :oops:

If you ever get a chance, see the movie "Broken Bridges" But be sure to have some kleenex close by. :sad2:

ladyfreebird
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Postby Herculean Platypus! » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:59 pm

A movie I like to recommend (although it is not for all tastes) is "Brother hood of the Wolf" (Le Pacte des Loups)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0237534/

I tell people this makes for a great "couples" movie, because it has elements that appeal to both genders.

For the ladies:

- It takes place in the 1700's.
- It's French, so it has subtitles.

Usually at this point most men run screaming, [shot] but I manage to collar them and say, "But I haven't finished yet! Wait 'til you hear the rest!"

For the gentlemen:

- It's a horror movie.
- It's also loaded to the gills with martial arts fight scenes.

Really, such a combination is hard to beat! :glasses1:
Herculean Platypus!
Admiral
Admiral

Postby ladyfreebird » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:40 pm

Sounds interesting HP. My neighbor loaned me a movie today. I know some of you are not into family films or tear jerkers, but "Flicka" was a good movie. Another tear jerker, for us soft hearted people. It stars, Tim McGraw.

I know, I keep posting movies with country western singers in them. Sorry. [depri]

ladyfreebird
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Postby Herculean Platypus! » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:46 pm

grayladyfalcon wrote:I know, I keep posting movies with country western singers in them. Sorry. [depri]

Never apologize for your taste in movies! (If there's one thing I've learned...) :lol:

I daresay there's probably several in my own collection that would offend someone! (Roadhouse, anyone?) :biggrin:
Herculean Platypus!
Admiral
Admiral

Postby ladyfreebird » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:12 am

I really enjoy all types of movies. But I still have to say my favorite is of course... "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century" I also enjoy good old fashion "Godzilla" movies. <the Japanese ones> All "Alien" movies. Plus some of the kids movies. :oops:

ladyfreebird
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Postby Herculean Platypus! » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:16 pm

grayladyfalcon wrote:I also enjoy good old fashion "Godzilla" movies. <the Japanese ones> All "Alien" movies.

Godzilla's a guilty pleasure for me, and my favorite ALien movies are #'s 2 & 4- I don't care what anyone says about 'em! 8)

Here's another favorite of mine: Atlantis

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101376/

It's about 80 mins. of underwater footage set to various musical pieces. It's like watching a documentary without the narration, essentially. This is actually something cool to have playing on your TV while throwing a party. 8)
Herculean Platypus!
Admiral
Admiral

Postby ladyfreebird » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:45 pm

I agree about Alien's 2 and 4. I really enjoyed #4.

Hey HP, have you checked out our movie games in the sci fi and other fantasy thread? I've got a good one posted right now that sorry to say, no bodies been able to solve. [ok]

ladyfreebird
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Postby Herculean Platypus! » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:58 pm

grayladyfalcon wrote:Hey HP, have you checked out our movie games in the sci fi and other fantasy thread? I've got a good one posted right now that sorry to say, no bodies been able to solve.

Yes, that one's stumped me too! (I'm almost positive I haven't seen the movie.) :wallbash:
Herculean Platypus!
Admiral
Admiral

Postby ladyfreebird » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:15 pm

Oh, I wouldn't say that. [blinzel] It is a sci fi movie.

graylady
ladyfreebird
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Postby systemcat » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:29 am

I've only seen some of Alien 1 and a little of Alien Resurrection. Only had one guess at the movie line graylady has given and it was worng. Wow graylady, you've come up with as good a stumper as the first one tron gave and the first one I gave [ok] .

My movie collection is mainly sci fis and comedies and about offending movies, I own a Ralph Bakshi one that I won't dare even say it's name in this forum due to it's contents :oops: .

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ladyfreebird » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:32 am

I know, now I'm feeling bad that no one can figure out what the movie title is. [depri]

I might have to post another clue to help everyone out .. a little.
[ok]

ladyfreebird
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Postby Hawkfan » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:45 pm

systemcat wrote:My movie collection is mainly sci fis and comedies and about offending movies, I own a Ralph Bakshi one that I won't dare even say it's name in this forum due to it's contents :oops: .

Ralph Bakshi? I only know the Lord of the Rings animation he did, but I'm sure that's not the one you mean (I didn't like it much, but to call it offensive?)

Speaking of Lord of the Rings, of course I love Peter Jackson's LOTR trilogy. I also like the Harry Potter movies, to mention another blockbuster. Apart from that my DVD collection mainly consists of animation movies.

Mariet
Hawkfan
Colonial Judge
Colonial Judge

Postby Herculean Platypus! » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:42 pm

Hawkfan wrote:Ralph Bakshi? I only know the Lord of the Rings animation he did, but I'm sure that's not the one you mean (I didn't like it much, but to call it offensive?)

Ol' Ralph has some some um... "adult cartoons" in his day, along with a few other assorted fantasy-type animated films. You may want to do a search for him on http://www.imdb.com

Systemcat, isn't your avatar from one of his films?
:)
Herculean Platypus!
Admiral
Admiral

Next

Return to General Chat