Replacing a Link

Talk about what ever you want. Just keep it clean, kids might be in this forum.

Moderators: systemcat, ramoth

Replacing a Link

Postby systemcat » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:35 pm

It's been a while since the site links were tested, and knowing that I tested a few today. One failed. VirtualStarTrek.com, I never thought I'd want to take it down, but since the site is no longer there I have to. The reason why I never thought to get rid of it is being one of it's virtual series is what introduced me to reading virtual series. Now I'm at a loss for what link to replace it with. Any ideas?

Erin :cat:
systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ohboy » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:18 pm

Hmm. I checked the link as well, and you're right, it is down.

Maybe you can replace it with Virtual Seasons from Quantum Leap? I have seen a good deal of members on the roster that are also members of Al's Place. Since there is a relationship between here and there in that respect, it might be best to provide a link to the website. It might encourage new members in some way. That's the only suggestion that I can think of at the moment.

Speaking of which, by the way, have you checked the backup forum in a while? You might want to make sure that there's no issue with posting there, in case we (the members of the forum) ever have to use it in a pinch.
"Wahahahaha! Ladies and gentlemen, your attention. please. The name's Wily! The one and only -- the brilliant scientist, Dr. Wily! It may seem rather sudden to you, but I've decided I'd like to take over the world! (Laughs) Ahem! Anyway, to begin... Dr. Light! I'll be taking your precious robots!!" - in the beginning of Mega Man: Powered Up (Quote from Wikipedia)

Breath of Fire III is a registered trademark of Capcom. Picture from rpgdreamer.com. Thanks to fellow member jerriecan for editing picture to fix the pixel requirements for the avatar.
ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Re: Replacing a Link

Postby systemcat » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:00 pm

While MJ a.k.a QL Damsel was a Mod., when I put her information on the Work Horses page. Because she's connected with them, I put up links to 'Quantum Leap the Virtual Seasons' and 'Quantum Retribution'. I'd rather not repeat links through out the site that aren't related to the site since they're already on that one page. Which actually that reminds me ..now I have a quick link into Al's Place. No book marking needed 8). As for the backup forum, I'll check it right now. The last time was about a month ago.

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ohboy » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:11 pm

Okay, I can understand that point about Quantum Leap. If I think of any other links, I'll mention them. The problem, though, is that I'm not very familiar with Virtual Television series, so I probably won't be much help there.

But do tell if the backup forum still runs. Before I posted yesterday, I checked, and noticed that it was over half a year ago since somebody last posted there.
"Wahahahaha! Ladies and gentlemen, your attention. please. The name's Wily! The one and only -- the brilliant scientist, Dr. Wily! It may seem rather sudden to you, but I've decided I'd like to take over the world! (Laughs) Ahem! Anyway, to begin... Dr. Light! I'll be taking your precious robots!!" - in the beginning of Mega Man: Powered Up (Quote from Wikipedia)

Breath of Fire III is a registered trademark of Capcom. Picture from rpgdreamer.com. Thanks to fellow member jerriecan for editing picture to fix the pixel requirements for the avatar.
ohboy
Nova Fleet Two Commander
Nova Fleet Two Commander

Postby systemcat » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:12 pm

The backup forum is ok, I checked it. The only times I post in it, is if this forum is down.

As for ideas on links, VirtualStarTrek.com for a while now has been the only one in connection with virtual series (main page). The rest are near random. Either for use of being a resource or once was helpful to this site, or I think is painly a nice site. It could really be any thing, ..well in good taste.

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby systemcat » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:35 am

The link has been replaced. The replacement link isn't to a virtual series site but it's to an internet medium that's very close, online comics.

I've been visiting Keenspot.com for over a year now for one of their comics and while that comic is my taste, looking at what other comics they have, I believe they have some thing for every body. Also like virtual series, it's free entertainment 8). Hope you guys like the replacement :).

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General Chat