Stargate

Talk about other science fiction and fantasy.

Moderators: systemcat, ramoth

Stargate

Postby Bexter » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:33 am

You have probably had this one come up before, but is anyone here into Stargate. Hubby and I have just started watching it and have started from series 1 and have now just finished series 2 and will start series 3 tonight (I hope) I'm justi loving it and so enjoying watching them straight through.
Lord Percy: "Sorry I'm late"
Lord Blackadder: "Oh Don't bother apologising, I'm sorry your alive"
Random avatar
Bexter
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ladyfreebird » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:10 am

Sorry to say, I haven't seen SG for some time now. :-( I think the last one I was actually able to sit down and watch was the very first one. Maybe one day, I'll be able to get caught up on the rest.

graylady
ladyfreebird
Fighter Falcon
Fighter Falcon

Postby systemcat » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:09 pm

I was wondering when some one would post a topic on this show considering how long it ran.

I have the movie and have seen a few episodes ..now as to the order of those episodes, that's a different thing. It's just been one of those blue moon shows for me to watch. I've liked what I've seen but it's never been enough to get me watching regularly.

Some thing that just forever hits me about it. Is one day I asked a co-worker at a job if there was any thing I could record for her & burn on my computer. She asked for Stargate which lucky us on timing the Sci Fi Channel was running the whole day. ..Only recorded one episode which is a shame because it was a two parter and I only got the first part. Part two didn't come on after that one was recorded [depri] .

Erin :cat:
systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bexter » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:21 pm

Well I can recommend getting the series and watching it straight through after the moive. Series 1 was a little slow but i think the 1st series of any good series is a little less polished. Series 2 was much better and 'Nufter' (our friend who is lending us the series) has told us that there are some really good ones coming up in series 3. Am looking forward to watching them.

Tis raining here today. Yeah!! I have lettices growing in a pot on my front lawn and they need a good soakng. However won't be long before the roos discover them. I have a feeling roo's like lettuce. My little boy spotted a roo in the back paddock out the back door just a few minutes ago and for the first time said "kanga" instead of 'woo woo'. Another little step.
Random avatar
Bexter
Colonel
Colonel

Postby systemcat » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:37 am

I have lettices growing in a pot on my front lawn and they need a good soakng. However won't be long before the roos discover them. I have a feeling roo's like lettuce. My little boy spotted a roo in the back paddock out the back door just a few minutes ago and for the first time said "kanga" instead of 'woo woo'. Another little step.

I wonder how you keep a roo out of a garden? I mean I know they jump but I've never witnessed it in person. Maybe a fence six foot high and curved in at the top? Is paddock, is that another word for porch? Last that is soo cute about your little boy.

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bexter » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:09 am

Well for a start we need to put a gate up over across the gap in the fence where the driveway runs in. At the moment the roos just hop straight in, once we have the gate they won't come in anymore except they can jump the fence if absolutely necessary. A paddock is a fenced field and the one in question is the 5 acre block behind the one next to us. Its any empty block up the top of a hill and right next to bushland so the roos hang out there a lot. We can see them there mostly in the morning and the evening, when they are out grazing. During the day I think they just snooze under bushes.
Random avatar
Bexter
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Bexter » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:35 am

systemcat wrote:I was wondering when some one would post a topic on this show considering how long it ran.

Actually I think its still running, and no wonder it really is a quality show. Since those here are obviously into time travel, I watched an ep where a solar flare sends them back to 1969 and then the whole paradox thingy kicks in. Its a whole load of fun. I must say in every sci fi series i've watched, my favourite eps are always the time travel ones.
Random avatar
Bexter
Colonel
Colonel

Postby systemcat » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:37 am

It's not running any more, all of it's seasons are for sale, even in a collector's total pack. However it's spin-off is running which I've never watched. Have you ever seen Stargate Atlantis?

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Other Science Fiction and Fantasy