An interview with Carol Davis

Talk about other science fiction and fantasy.

Moderators: systemcat, ramoth

An interview with Carol Davis

Postby systemcat » Thu May 31, 2007 4:20 pm

Due to Mirror's Edge being one of the books in the store and finding out it's author is in one of the forums I use, here's an interview I gave to Carol Davis on it ...

How did you get the book published?

I had already published "Obsessions." When I found out the contract for the QL book series had been extended and they would be doing 2 more books, I submitted 3 proposals and they accepted the one for "Mirror's Edge."

How hard was it to write?

It was more difficult than "Obsessions" because I had pretty much come to the end of what I wanted to say about those characters. Every writer comes to a point where he or she has said all there is to say on a certain topic. So it was a little tough for me to create the story and make it interesting.

What went through your mind when developing its plot?

I knew I wanted to bring the story right up to the beginning of "Mirror Image," and that I wanted to involve Tom and Donna. Other than that, the story evolved bit by bit.

How long did it take to write?

About four months.

If someone had never watched QL before would this be a good or bad book for them to pick up?

It wouldn't be my first recommendation for a newbie. There's a lot of backstory from the various episodes that they'd need to know.

What plans do you have for further published works?

None. I'm working exclusively in fanfic now (specifically, Supernatural fanfic).

What else have you had published?

Just the two QL books.

What was your favorite thing to write in the book?

The family aspects - exploring Max and Kevin's relationship.

What other fiction do you enjoy reading or watching?

In the fan world, Supernatural. For general reading, I like a little bit of everything. Right now I'm reading Devil in the White City by Erik Larson.

Thanks for that CarolD :cool:

Erin :cat:
systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Hawkfan » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:41 pm

Hi Erin,

Can you give a little more explanation what this is about? By "the store", do you mean the 26th Century Shop? But there are no books in it. And who is the author of this book? Is it you or is it someone "in one of the forums I use"? And who is Carol Davis? It's all a mystery to me...

Mariet
Hawkfan
Colonial Judge
Colonial Judge

Postby systemcat » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:48 pm

The store is From the Ashes Amazon Books, finding out QL had novels came as a shock to me and I ended up posting on that fact in AL's Place. Carol Davis who's known as CarolD there, piped up on the novels and brought up she'd written two of them. So I asked her if she'd do an interview :wink: .

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Hawkfan » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:36 am

Thanks for the explanation, Erin. I was utterly confused. Still don't know what "AL's Place" is though.

Mariet
Hawkfan
Colonial Judge
Colonial Judge

Postby systemcat » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:19 am

Your Welcome :)
Al's Place is QL Damsel's main forum, she's an admin. there. There are two other forum members here from over there too but only one has posted and that was only once. Al's Place is a forum for discussing Quantum Leap and fan fic from it.

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby QL Damsel » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:31 pm

Al's Place -- a place where things aren't necessarily as they seem.... but everyone is a friend. :)

It's great! Come on over and have a Rodbeer on me!
~*~*~ MJ ~*~*~
QL Damsel
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hawkfan » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:34 pm

Thanks QL, sounds like a nice place. But since I've never watched Quantum Leap I'm afraid I wouldn't have much to talk about!

Mariet
Hawkfan
Colonial Judge
Colonial Judge

Return to Other Science Fiction and Fantasy