Star Trek (Original Series) with Updated Effects.

Talk about other science fiction and fantasy.

Moderators: systemcat, ramoth

Postby systemcat » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:27 am

I've never heard any one call them lobster-headed before but I have heard zipper-heads used on Klingons. That's what my mom calls them, she's not a trek fan but does like one of the movies. The term "zipper-heads" is one solely reffing the first movie. She also has a rather interesting way of seeing Ferengis. To her their faces look like "buttheads".

Erin :cat:
systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bexter » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:55 pm

lol!! Yes butt-heads is great for ferenghi's. Thy not only look like butt-heads, they mostly act like them too.
Lord Percy: "Sorry I'm late"
Lord Blackadder: "Oh Don't bother apologising, I'm sorry your alive"
Random avatar
Bexter
Colonel
Colonel

Postby systemcat » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:56 pm

Well most. Nog, isn't a half bad Ferenghi. Did I get the spelling right Bexter? I don't own any seasons of DS9.

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bexter » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:59 pm

systemcat wrote:Well most. Nog, isn't a half bad Ferenghi. Did I get the spelling right Bexter? I don't own any seasons of DS9.

Oh, I don't know, I've never ever stopped to think how you'd spell it. I'll have to check next time i watch an episode.
Lord Percy: "Sorry I'm late"
Lord Blackadder: "Oh Don't bother apologising, I'm sorry your alive"
Random avatar
Bexter
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Star Trek (Original Series) with Updated Effects.

Postby Herculean Platypus! » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:26 pm

Just an update of sorts- I noticed that Season 2 is out on DVD, but does not include HD-DVD versions in the case. (I don't have to explain why.) However, Season 1 is still expensive and includes the obsolete format. Season 3 has yet to be released.

I don't have the money anyway, but I'm willing to wait until Paramount releases the whole series together without that useless pack of HD-DVDs. It will not be necessary to buy a Blu-Ray version if I don't have to, as the old series' flaws become readily apparent under High-Def detail.
:roll:
Herculean Platypus!
Admiral
Admiral

Postby systemcat » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:59 am

Night before last I saw updated version for the first time. 'Mudd's Women', haven't seen that episode for over a decade and I had nearly forgotten it. The updated digital effects swung both ways I my opinion of how they looked. While some times they made a picture look more crisp than it used to be there were other moments I felt the show lost it's retro touch. Like seeing Mudd's space ship flying about the asteroids and the planet. They looked too out of place against the original technicolor.

systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Other Science Fiction and Fantasy