Doctor Who

Talk about other science fiction and fantasy.

Moderators: systemcat, ramoth

Doctor Who

Postby Hawkfan » Fri May 19, 2006 6:26 pm

Hello folks!

This forum is quite empty at the moment, so I just thought I'd start a topic...

Has anyone seen the new Doctor Who yet (with David Tennant as the Doctor)? What do you think of it? I've only seen one-and-a-half episodes so far. I enjoyed them, but I still like Christopher Eccleston's Doctor better than Tennant's.

Mariet
Hawkfan
Colonial Judge
Colonial Judge

Postby systemcat » Sat May 20, 2006 12:55 am

Ya, Ive seen the new Doctor Who. Even recorded the first two episodes on my desk top computer. Haven't seen much of the original one, but I like this one. Shame the original Dr.Who doesn't come on my local PBS channel.

PS: Thanks Mariet, I needed someone to get the ball rolling.

Erin.
systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue May 23, 2006 4:39 pm

So which of the most recent Doctors do you prefer, Tennant or Eccleston?

And I also didn't watch many of the older Doctors, I was too young when the first few series were on. I started watching in the 80s with Peter Davison, but I never saw the ones with Tom Baker, who according to many is THE Doctor!

Mariet
Random avatar

Postby Hawkfan » Tue May 23, 2006 4:42 pm

Oops, forgot to log in! Actually I didn't even realize that you could reply without being registered. (So what are all you lurkers waiting for, come in and join the fun :wink: )

Mariet
Hawkfan
Colonial Judge
Colonial Judge

Postby systemcat » Tue May 23, 2006 10:27 pm

The kicker to what you did Mariet. Is I didn't know that could be done either. And I'm the forum's administrator! :roll:

Another thing you said, almost. " all you lurkers come on and speak up ". I know more people then just Mariet or a.k.a Hawkfan has been in this forum. Every time some one looks at a post a new number is shown for the look. Talk about what ever you want too. Just keep it clean, and remember which part of the forum you need to make the posting. I'll only kick someone off if, One: Threats and dirty words little ones shouldn't read. Two: If you sound like your talking to some one on a 1-900 number, the dirty kind. :D Have fun y'll :D

Erin
systemcat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BellaSianna » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:50 am

Well my favourite Doctor is David Tenant.
I didn't watch old Who cos frankly it scared the pants off me when I was a kiddie! I started watching with Chris Eccleston.

I'm pretty much a huge Who fan now :D
"The 21st Century is when it all changes - you gotta be ready" - Captain Jack Harkness.
Random avatar
BellaSianna
Trainee
Trainee

Postby Hawkfan » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:12 am

My "first doctor" was Peter Davison. My sister used to watch Tom Baker's doctor, and she was always scared to death! But I was still too young to watch in those days.

I like David Tennant, but Christopher Eccleston is still my favourite. But I think I said that already.

And have you seen Torchwood, BellaSianna?

Mariet
Hawkfan
Colonial Judge
Colonial Judge

Postby QL Damsel » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:19 am

I have watched a few shows of Dr. Who. I'm lost most of the time. I guess that I'm not getting it. ??

I know... I know... being the "time traveling" being that I am with what I do that I should know, but hey... I wasn't into Dr. Who back in High School and that was quite a long time ago actually.

Gees... I'm dating myself, sorta. :)
~*~*~ MJ ~*~*~
QL Damsel
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Trekscaper » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:20 pm

I never heard of doctor who before I watched the 2005 series with Eccleston. (I receive BBC 1 and 2) I was sad when he left, because I liked him as the doctor. I was sceptic about Tennant, but he really rocked in the role of the new doctor and I began to like him more then Eccleston.

But I really like the new doctor who series, it has humor, it is funny and exciting. I also saw the Christmas special The runaway bride. That was really awsome and funny. Looking forward to season 3.
http://www.trekscaper.tk
Scifi and Fantasy musicvideos
Trekscaper
Fighter Pilot
Fighter Pilot

Postby Hawkfan » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:34 pm

Yes, The Runaway Bride was brilliant!

I also can't wait for season 3, one of the reasons being that Captain Jack will be back! I thought that the Doctor, Rose and him made a great team. Of course, things will be different now...

Mariet
Hawkfan
Colonial Judge
Colonial Judge

Postby Trekscaper » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:29 am

Hawkfan wrote:Yes, The Runaway Bride was brilliant!

I also can't wait for season 3, one of the reasons being that Captain Jack will be back! I thought that the Doctor, Rose and him made a great team. Of course, things will be different now...

Mariet

Captain Jack will be in the final 3 episodes of season 3 and will also explain the things that happened in the season finale of Torchwood. Won't spoil anything ;)
Trekscaper
Fighter Pilot
Fighter Pilot

Postby Herculean Platypus! » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:00 pm

I'm a fan of Dr. Who myself, but Ive only seen up to Paul McGann (Doctor Eight)- I haven't been able to see any of the new episodes! (I suppose I could buy the DVDs, but I usually don't buy anything I've never seen before. (with an occasional exception)

I guess this makes me old-school!

(I started with Tom Baker, moved on to Peter Davison & Colin Baker, then started at the beginning with William Hartnell.)
Herculean Platypus!
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Trekscaper » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:15 am

Season 3 will start at Saturday 31 March [bigsmile]
Trekscaper
Fighter Pilot
Fighter Pilot

Postby Hawkfan » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:18 pm

Trekscaper wrote:Season 3 will start at Saturday 31 March [bigsmile]

Yippee!

Mariet
Hawkfan
Colonial Judge
Colonial Judge

Postby Rebecca » Wed May 09, 2007 7:47 am

David Tennant is a great Doctor. I like his new assistant Martha, she's replaced Rose quite well. David is like, I think, a cross between Tom Baker and Peter Davison. Eccentric but young.

:blob:
Rebecca

"Learn from the past and look to the future. In my day people never quite got the hang of it. I hope you have better luck" - Capt. Rogers (Dorian Secret)

gilgerard{dot}com
Rebecca
Trainee
Trainee

Next

Return to Other Science Fiction and Fantasy